Thread: s
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 05:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

Hi Welcome to SR!!

My thoughts when I read your post was that you told him you did not want to rush things, and to go slow at this. Then you said you are feeling like he doesn't want more than a platonic relationship.

Perhaps he is trying to honour your opinion and what you told him you wanted. Have you sat down with him and asked him if he is ready to take your relationship to the next level? You can then discuss what level you are ready to move onto, and he can tell you honestly if he feels ready for that.

At the moment, there seems to be no communication between you about this situation. He is trying to honour your stance, and you are wondering why he doesn't progress things. Men (nor women for that matter) are not good mind readers, and I know from chatting to men friends, they all wonder what it is we want and how to give that to us.

Let him know where you are at, he maybe there too, but is waiting for you to be ready.

If the relationship progresses or does not, remember to keep working on you, relationships come and go, we have ourselves for a life time.

Love Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx