View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 03:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Dean62
Adjusting my Sails

Felly you know I was in the place where you are now. In fact recently I have been slipping into a little bit of my isolation comfort zone again. It's interesting how anxiety fits right in with it. How when I'm alone my mind has a mind of it's own and it always makes things worse then they really are. Felly I didn't do anything amazing or heroic I just had to get a job to keep my home so I did. I really wanted to get a job working from home so I never had to leave but I found one outside of my bedroom where real people exist first. It was horrible!!!! This guy who I was working with early on was nice and I just wanted to work with him in our little corner of this wharehouse with over one hundred people. Whenever we needed something from another area I pretended not to know where it was so I didn't have to leave my area. People drove around on these pallet jacks where everyone couls see them and it terrified me. I really didn't want to learn how to operate one because then I would be out in the middle of everyone.

What happened was not of my doing. People were nice to me. Slowly I found a few that I really liked. One guy opened up to me about his addiction and another has a silly sense of humor like mine. My fears and anxiety slowly worked themselves out as I spent time in the real world instead of my crazy head.

Felly its not that bad out here. I still love and I mean love my alone time but life among humans is doable. There really is no way around it. If I find a way I will let you know but until then we have to pretend we are one of them.

It's not easy at first but even a little time out of your head will ease your anxiety and fear. That's how it worked for me.