View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
endzoner
Being Me for the first time

hey Felly , theres something i can relate to . Ive always even thu my yrs of drinkin managed to get employment , not always staying where i got a job but that was due to my drinkin and wanting time of for more , But since soberity Ive had some really great jobs and the last one prior to moving here to " pitsville" was my favorite of all times and i was let go do to politics and i wasnt bests friends with the mgr and he wanted more hours , so be it and life moves on . But I moved here shorty after that and been here now for almost 3 yrs . Jobs are something as rare as the stop lites here in town ( there are non of either ) unless you know someone and they mite need a lil help chances of getting on in a job are zip .. They so much as have said well we didnt know who you were so didnt call .. its like what difference does that make . Big citys dont know tom dick or harry but least they call interview and go from there . My point is Ive been with out a job since Feb of this yr and winters comming and the lites still are not going up . I detest just sitting around doing nuttin I have only one friend here other wise its just myself and my husband .let me tell yah it bites! But Ive stayed sober i do make a weekly meeting tho its small at least its better the nuttin at all . Interviews suck no doubt . gotta laught bout this one cuz last one i did have was for a small town no big name motel /gas staion .. the mgr ( could tell from her questions ) wasnt from around here . 1... what can you do for the company .. umm company i didnt know it was one i dont see shell or super 8 outside the door . 2.. how can you help the company .. umm see answer 1 .. 3 what do you know of the company .. needless to say i was shocked cuz its a sticking small town gas station with a 8-12 room hotel for hunters , needless to say i didnt get the job . but thats the mentality of these people around here I wanna work but cant so i just work at doing what i can around the house to provide the best for my self and my husband . Id work shovling streets if it were to open , not something im desiring to do but sometimes one has to step off the ladder and do whats asked . not saying thats your case im speakin of myself . its gonna be a long winter .. but wer hoping to move from pitsville so there can be better oppertunitys for a job even just part time im not in need of the money just the self worth is all I desire . I dont know if this may or may not help you but at least make you laught bout no stop lites .. chin up Felly this to will pass .. peace and serenity to you today keep posting !