View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 05:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
KarenOskie

Hugs to you Odaat! What a horrible woman your nasty ex-sponsor is!
I was reading a 2nd step workbook last night and it talked about getting away from our negative voices, you know, like the ones in our mind that tell us we are unworthy and unlovable, etc. I knew I was planning on going to a meeting tonight (already went, it went fine) where there use to be a few women who were very negative like it sounds like your former sponsor is. So I thought to myself, 'if I'm not supposed to listen to my own negative voices, then I shouldn't listen to their negative voices, either' and I planned, if they said something negative to me, like 'what makes you think you'll stay sober this time?' (which one of them did say once) I would tell them, "I'm sorry, I'm not listening to negative people anymore" and just walk away. They weren't there, darn it, I was almost looking forward to it!
Anyway, this woman, like Anna pointed out, seems toxic. You need positive, loving support. You are worth it, and owe it to yourself to find it. And to do whatever you need to do to get back to the place you were before, or beyond it. And so do I!