View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
odaat
One Day At A Time

Feel completely and totally alone.

Don't know if this is the right forum to post in. I'm 21 months sober, but all my other issues seem to be unresolveable at the moment.

I was doing alright in AA, until Feb time, when I started overeating again, and began and affair. I was happy with my sponsor, and I was up to Step 10.

Not long after the affair began, I starting self-harming and inducing vomiting.

I went from feel alright about me, praying daily, doing service, getting to 4 meetings a week, working with others, taking inventory and everything, to eating, cutting, throwing up and having sex

My sponsor told me that while i was living dishonestly, she couldn't help and there was no point working the remaining steps. We spoke once a month at best. She said if I carried on having the affair, I'd drink and I'd die.

I phoned her today, to say I ended the affair yesterday. I feel like crap. She asked if I'd prayed or written anything down. I haven't, all I can think about it how much I'm hurting, and all the practical things I'm supposed to do didn't even enter my mind. I told her I hadn't, and said that she didn't want me phoning her, complaining how I'm low, and not having done anything about it. She said I was free to call her back when I'd put some work in, and she hung up.

I just feel abandoned (again - she 'dumped' me when I was having sexuality issues).

I just feel so horrendously awful. I'm alone, I'm upset, I'm having alsorts of urges, and I just want someone to talk to. There is only one person in AA I know who doesn't 'disapprove' of the affair, and who I could talk to. He is away at the moment though.

I don't know what to do. I'm crying my eyes out, and I want nothing more than to phone the guy I had the affair with, just to have someone to hold me and love me.