View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 11:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Soberhippie

Not Where I Was, It's Where I Am.

I just joined yesterday.

I am now 46 days sober, yes, so new to recovery that I am still counting in days, hopefully soon it will be in months, and someday, I hope that it will be in years.

Spiritually I am where I have always been.

I have been metaphysically spiritual my whole life, but not always practicing what I know to be spiritually sound as I let the mundane get in my way from time to time.

I found over the past 6 weeks of reflection that I have always turned to prayer when I have been in troubled times, or panicing over a negative event or possibility, but that I have not been one to be thankful for the grace of spirit that I have already received.

I am actively changing that now.

Physically, I am overweight from the empty calories I consumed while binge drinking more and more frequently and failing to eat properly.

I have started a regime of vitamins and herbal supplements recommended for the recovering alcoholic incusive of Vitamins B, C and E, Milk Thistle, Dandellion Root, Chromium, Gaba, Evening Primrose Oil, etc. and becoming more physically active.

I am still craving my martinis but am hoping that the obsession with thinking about them will pass, they never treated me right, lol.

I am righting this so I can look back in the future and see (hopefully) progression over time.