Old 09-12-2008, 08:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
fndngserenity
Perfectly Imperfect

Good for you! My BF's mom and I went to our first NA meeting tonight and it was really great. I felt pain and worry but I left there feeling better. Every step I take towards my recovery hurts, sometimes like he!! but then after....I feel just a little bit better.
What you've done is huge. You set YOUR boundaries and you stuck with them - that is a huge thing. I also started one on one substance abuse counseling to help me recover from being and enabler and a codependent. Of course I cried and cried. My fears are like yours and many others on here. I fear of "losing" him completely, either from an overdose or because he gives up and commits suicide. It is a very haunting and scary thing to think about. But like my new friends at NA reminded us tonight.......we have to "let go" and let God do his job. If it gets to the point where he is warning us of his suicide thoughts, call 911.
It is really inspiring to see people doing what you are doing. It gives me hope that I can beat this and maybe even he can beat this. They talked to us a lot tonight about the different ways we were enabling him and not realizing it.
Thanks for posting and keep us updated, we are all here to listen and give you all the support we can.

Hugs and Prayers!!