Old 09-12-2008, 10:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hurtbad2505

This is truly making me sick to my stomach...how to just turn off the 'mom' in me that wants to make him all better. It's so frustrating that he can't see how he looks to other people. He thinks because he 'feels good' from the xanax that he looks fine.

Oh, and I found out where he has been getting them. From this kid that lives right up the street who has been to the house a few times (that I know of). If he knocks on my door again I want to tell him to "take his drugs and turn around...I know you are selling them (don't know who or how he gets them) and I know where you live, don't think I won't call the police on you."

And just another thing that makes me see how wide spread this heroin epidemic is spreading in our area. My AS ran into a son of one of our close friends yesterday who proceeds to tell AS that he is on his way to the Suboxone dr. and maybe the Methadone clinic soon. He's been doing Oxy's for three years and in the last few months started snorting heroin. He asked AS to please not tell his Dad, and when AS told me he asked me not to either. Should I?

You know, I have a terrible feeling about this generation of my AS's. He has like no friends left because he quit hanging around with the one's that use when he went to the clinic, that left one...the one he will be moving in with. What is in store for the future of our world? When I was a teen (many moons ago) I never even heard of heroin being around...and I wasn't a sheltered teen, did my share of experimenting. Heroin was something the hippies did back in the day...now I guess it's the 'day' again.

Have I mentioned that I HATE DRUGS AND ADDICTION!