View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 07:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
scorpiogirl

Originally Posted by Silverberry1331 View Post
What a codie mess!

Okay…I think my codependency is going far beyond my AH! I have become aware of a few things that I have done in the past 24 hours that shows me how entrenched this behavior is! It is really REALLY frightening….

1)The guy behind me got into a conversation with me, and much to my surprised asked for my phone number. I GAVE it to him ANYWAY.
2) My father came over to change the locks on my door. When he hinted around to staying for a while, I declined because I was tired and mentally exhausted. However, I back pedaled ...
3) My mother tends to call me during anytime of the day that she is having a meltdown.
4) Then I couldn’t sit still and began to wonder what my husband was doing and where he was. I ended up checking our cell phone account to “check” on when he last used the phone as confirmation that he was still alive.
Goodness, goodness. I swear, if my alcoholism/drug addiction didn't kill me, I was certain my co-dependency was!

Give yourself a break, girl. You are quite aware of your behavior. I call it "the step before the 1st step". You have to know what you're doing before you can do anything about it. So? So you got the message up on the big screen! That's all. I used to have to wait for the big boulders to come rolling down the mountain to get my wake-up call!

Gentle, g-e-n-t-l-e. How bout that bubble bath and get a pedicure. Nurture yourself sweet one. We have to remember to take care of ourselves. I remember one time I was getting a manicure and this lady sitting right next to me was blabbing away on her cell phone - loud, I might add. It was totally destroying my pamper time. I so wanted to say something yet felt stupid for saying anything to her. But she was interrupting MY space and I couldn't leave. I just didn't know what to do. She finally hung up, looked right at me and said, "I wish they wouldn't call me when I'm getting my nails done!". I said, "then turn off your phone". I felt satisfied with my comment. .....ahem