Old 09-09-2008, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Troubledone

Does anyone have info on brain damage due to meth?

As most of you know, my niece is in jail again. Her hearing is tomorrow.

What is different this time is that she seems nuts to me (not just drug-nuts, but really nuts). I talked with her p.o. and we are both wondering about her behavior.

She was what I call "garden variety irresponsible" over the past year, but not crazy. Aug 5, she comes home talking in circles, agitated and completely wierd. I thought, drugs, of course. She left and later that week Aug 8, she comes home, just and crazy only even more agitated - she had been arrested and released (long story short I called her p.o. and the judge brought her in)

It has been 30 days now that she's been in jail. She calls me and my family all the time. She insists now that her dead grandfather was one of the arresting officers. This is only one of the delusions.

It is way past when she should be psychotic due to drug use. I know meth can cause brain damage, but I didn't know it could look like this.

If anyone has any experience with this type of thing, I'd really appreciate hearing about it.

In case you are wondering, her p.o. has ordered a psych evaluation when she gets to the workhouse (prison-light).

Thanks