View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mooselips
Jujubee Queen

Son hit by drunk driver

Hi all,
While shopping this a.m. youngest recovering son called me to say he was hit by a drunk driver yesterday while driving in West Virginia for his job.

He had 3 other employees in the car with him, all seat belted, (thank goodness) but everyone in the car suffered from whiplash, and back pain, neck pain, all went to the E.R.

The driver, my son said, was approximately 40 years old, and begged my son not to call the police, because he admitted he had been drinking, and had NO drivers license. My son said the Police hauled his butt off to jail when they arrived.

So be careful out there.

Thank goodness my son, and the others are okay. You can heal from whiplash, you can't heal from dead.

BY the way...just a bit of good news. This youngest son has been hired as an Electrical apprentice, he worked 90 hours last week, (that'll might keep him out of trouble..) and his fiancee has been accepted into the R.N. program, and starts Sept. 23rd. It makes me so pleased to see them growing. This son also had a couple felonies for drug possession, and has been looking for a good job forever! So...there's always hope. Hope that someone out there will give them a chance to do good.

And also, oldest AS is having a sober run right now, and due to go to trial Sept. 18th. It has been rescheduled a zillion times. If found guilty, he has the opportunity to go to prison for 10 years. Today is his Birthday, he's 35
he called me and said "hey mom, I'm halfway to 70!".....my my...am I getting old or what?

Okay, that's my news....
Hugs, and happiness....
and serenity to all....