Old 09-09-2008, 06:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cece
StrivingToThrive

Lately in my self, I have noticed, that it takes being in crisis mode for me to turn to my " Language of Letting Go " book. Its then that I realize I haven't been using it nor my other tools because I had become complacent. And during this time I was back in control of things so worrying about " Letting go", wasn't in my daily thoughts.
Sunday, I fell apart and felt myself stumbling big time in dealing with all my emotions. Then finally last night I turned to my "L of LG". I picked up Sunday's topic of " Being Powerless", then Mondays topic of " Stopping our Pain", and then Todays topic of " Perspective". what a perfect order to begin to get me back where I belong, and to feel the power of theses tools I have now, if I don't put them down.
Its kind of like exercising for me. I'll be real good about it for a while and feel real good inside and out. All my endorphins are keeping me upbeat, alert and energized. Then I slowly let it go and then one day I feel tired and miserable, and out of shape and i wonder whats wrong with me? Then I realize, " Duh!" I'm not exercising!
Its the same for me with my mental skills.
I can't set them down. Daily practice is what keeps my mind healthy.
For both, some days its really hard to get it going though!