View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 03:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Jho65 View Post
Is it OK to drink non alcoholic beer or wine?

It depends. If you mean as a matter of opinion, that's up to you. If you have been drinking long enough to damage your health, that question is best answered by your doctor.

I've never had an NA beer in my life. I've entertained the notion of buying some, but so far I haven't. If a day should come in which I have one I won't lose any sleep over it. To me, NA beers are no better or worse than Twinkies. Speaking of Twinkies...I have a HUGE problem with junk food. I don't have the greatest diet and I know that has to be putting a strain on my liver. Food was a problem long before the alcohol...not an excuse...just the truth.

I do drink OJ. I've always liked it. I also bake cookies sometimes and use vanilla extract. I don't see it as a problem. Others will disagree and that's okay...I think intent is what matters. One tsp. in an entire batch is insignificant to me. On the other hand, if I was chugging a bottle of extract, that's a different story...(no, I haven't done that).

What's important for me is that alcohol is not running my life right now. I'm not wasting ridiculous amounts of money on booze. I wake up sober. I'm chunky in the middle, yes, but I hope to beat that with the same determination I've displayed on my fight against alcohol this year. I better hurry up.