View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 05:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Help! My family is CRAZY!

Help! My family is CRAZY!

I was at the hospital visiting my critically ill 92-year old grandfather today and my mother and aunt were acting like crazy people! My mom, aunt, step father (basically my mom's entire side of the family) is NUTS!

When I was little I was abused emotionally, psychologically and physically by these people. I am in early recovery, (only 4 1/2 months sobriety) and if I want to see my extemely ill grandfather, I have to cross their paths too! The thing is, by the time I left the hospital I seriously wanted to drink! I didn't drink, but wanted to!

When I walked into the waiting room today, everyone was fighting like a bunch of hillbillies and my aunt even got in my face. She pointed her finger in my face and said I had to go the the parking lot with her so she could talk to me. She was yelling at me! I looked at her and told her to get her finger out of my face and I was NOT going anywhere with her! I went to say Hi to my grandpa and then left the hospital. My family is extremely sick and selfish!

HELP! What do I do? I don't want to see my psychotic mother, aunt etc. but I want to visit my grandfather. They are ALWAYS at the hospital! I don't have a relationship with my mother and aunt because they are literally crazy people and they are REALLY bad for my sobriety and sanity, but I want to see my grandpa.

HELP!