Thread: Constipation
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 08:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your clean time and WELCOME to SR!

Although it would be a good idea to go see your Dr. just to make sure you don't have any kind of blockage, but more than likely, you're body is just getting adjusted to the changes you are going through. I know when I was drinking, I never had a problem with constipation, quite the opposite! lol So now, when you aren't putting the alcohol in your system, you're body isn't used to not having it there so you're system is now all screwed up. From experience, the thing that works the best for me is to use Metamucil or a similar type of fiber drink on a daily basis. Have yourself a nice big, cold glass of orange or apple juice everyday along with adding alot of water to your diet. Fresh fruit and veggies help too. Keep up with the exercising and eatting a balanced diet.

You need to remember, your body is also making adjustments since you've quit drinking. . . the changes aren't just on an emotional and spiritual level. It's only been, what, five days? You have a lot going on and I imagine in no time at all everything will be running smoothly. Maybe I shouldn't use the word "run" when talking about poopin huh? lol

And yes, this too shall pass,
Judy