View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 05:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jrsl

stuck in a rut :(

Let me start off by saying that I've been with my alcoholic boyfriend on and off for just under 10 years. I'm 26 and he's 32.
I feel like a fool, I know he's never going to change. Its seems like every weekend, I'm sitting home by myself and he's out drinking. For instance, today around 4pm he was just going to go to CVS w/ his friend and I opted to stay home since we're having a storm and it was down pouring...he's still not home, it's 8:24pm. I call and he's parked at the beach and they're "just having a few beers." Well, he can't just have a "few beers." I'm sure that I won't see him for another 5 hours, if he decides he even wants to come home. Last weekend (labor day weekend) he stayed out 2 nights in a row. When he finally decided to come home he looked terrible, his face was so bloated it was disgusting and he wreaked like alcohol.
I dont know what to do! He's been sober before, but he always relapses. I know that he is a good person deep down, but I dont know how much longer I can take of this...I'm stressed out all the time and I can't talk about this with my friends because I'm so embarressed. I know if one of my friends were in my position I would tell them to leave! I HATE alcohol because of this and something needs to happen. I dont want to waste my life waiting around for someone to act normal.
I'm thankful I found this site because at least I can get some of this off of my chest to people who understand. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! xo