View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 08:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
kjltrack

This is my first time posting but after reading the entries in this thread I felt that I had to respond. I too have a daughter that is involved with drugs. She is now 17 and is in the process of destroying everything in her life that she can -school, sports, friends, family.... I have had her in and out of counseling her entire life and spent thousands of dollars on doctors, counselors, medications. It seems that the last 17 years of my life have been spent trying to make sure something like this doesn't happen and it happened anyways. There have been many times in the last year that I have silently wished that I had never had that third child. My life would be so easy and I would not be caught up in this constant struggle to stop her from ruining her life. But the guilt of even thinking that is tough. I look at other kids her age and I'm racked with jealousy that she can't just be like them. I can't stomach being around other parents that talk about their kids' accomplishments and plans for the future when I just hope that my daughter goes to school that day or comes home that night.

I know that I need help dealing with this - I can finally now admit it. I've started counseling.