View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 02:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
kelsh

Thumbs up Relationships after a falling-out...

Hi chy,

I don't have much family anymore except my husband, children & grandchildren. When my Mom & Dad were still here they were very supportive of me when I had my depression & alcoholism diagnosis. I just went through a very stressful time & ended up in a manic episode & had to go to the psyc ward in a hospital 300 miles away from my family.

I did not remember what all I did but of course have been told. I haven't had a manic attack as bad as this one before. I felt bad that my 14 year old grandson saw me go through this before I was taken to the hospital but his mom said he felt sad & worried about me but wasn't upset about my actions.

I was in the psyc hospital 10 days and have been home two days now. I am still getting back to normal for me and will see my doc on Tuesday.

It is so important to have my family supporting me...they called me every day.Then when I got home my daughter waited a day to tell me that my brother had a heart attack but is okay...now I can't get him or his friend on the phone so need to get that worked out. I left a message on my nephew's phone and wrote a letter to my brother. :praying

I just have to learn to take each day as it comes and take care of what I can and let the rest go or wait until a better time. I learned a long time ago about what I can change & what I can't change...that was a big help to me.

It is so good you & your Dad have a good relationship again. It is so important to us as a child to know the unconditional love of a parent...but we have to take a look at ourselves & our part in the falling out too.

I never could quite grasp "my ownership in a problem situation" but now I do thanks to AA.

kelsh