Thread: A confession
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
scorpiogirl

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sailorjohn View Post
I am pretty much firmly convinced that she binges on crack or powder cocaine.

My problem was I never stuck to my guns,......I'm inclined to agree, the relationship was more of an addiction than anything else. So, I should be handling it like I handle my alcoholism, don't take the first drink!
Hello Sailor!

Not knowing you all that much yet reading the postings here, am I reading this right that you are a sober person? If so, (as a therapist said to me once)...what are you doing with this person!?? You're right, addiction is addiction is addiction and ought to be treated as such.

If you're "convinced" she binges on crack or other, why are you tormenting yourself? You are powerless and this is creating your life to be unmanageable. I know for me when I really got honest in my picking of mates (in sobriety even), I needed the drama (unbeknown to me at the time) if I could focus on 'him', i wouldn't have to focus on me. When I finally got that and let go of the dysfunctional relationships, the pain really hit. I was face-to-face with me for the first time in my life. Then, the work on self began

We have to go through the valley of death to be reborn. Remember, recovery is an inside job. Even your signature line says it all - "no one saves us but ourselves - we walk the Buddha path"