View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 02:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by kemarus View Post
We went through all that annoying stuff too. It drove me and the kids crazy. He didn't call though. In fact, if he was drinking, he didn't answer his cell phone at all and didn't make any calls either. Guess he thought if he didn't answer we wouldn't know he was drinking and drunk! DUH! Instead of the phone calls, it would be him coming home and annoying the crap out of us by trying to act cool to the kids, tickling and wrestling even when they didn't want to, all of a sudden being interested in their lives and slurring and interrupting every time they tried to tell him, repeating the same questions or stupid things all the time and for me, he thought it was funny to poke at me. Just poke his finger at me and that was supposed to be affectionate!! Then when we didn't appreciate his "attention" it was woe is me and you guys always pick on me and don't appreciate me.
I could've written this word for word! That describes the exact behaviour from my exabf. He lived with us, so whenever he was in the house we had this. As I say though since he moved out, I told him not to call when he was drinking and we hardly hear from him. At least I can say he is respecting my boundary!

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx