View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 07:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
StayinAlive
Philippines/Canada

Welcome lane !

how about " its all the way you look at it" or "its all a matter of perspective"
arrrrrrg,
yes there is truth to these statements and if we were well, we could use this to control our negative thinking and lows. But hearing it when not well and in the pit of despair you just want to drop that person or tell them to #$%^ right off, well at least i did lol............

the thing is they just don't know or understand nor are they equipped to counsel. But they mean well. If you had a broken leg they would pick you up till you could pick your self up, but since your spirit is broken there like ..........um.......so.....ah pull yourself together?

Its nice to hear something like "I am sorry you feeling so crappy, i have no idea, i wish there was something i could do, is there anything i can do, can i give you a hug, it will get better, your looking so much better today, keep searching for the solution we can find it together" and so on........

the most valuable thing you can pass on to the depressed is hope and encouragement to not give up.

Sorry your struggling now Lance, hang in there, it will get better, we are here for you and have some idea