View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
hadenoughnow

My son knows that he does not have to answer the phone and tries to keep the daily call to 5 min or less. We have shut all the phones in the house off many times for an hour or two so the A gets the message. I called my ex last night on the drive home and made it clear that:

1. His interpretation of his "rights" is a figment of his imagination, there is nothing in our parenting plan that allows him unrestricted phone access to our son. If we are busy doing something we DO NOT have to answer his calls.

2. His constant interrogation of my whereabouts and activities is inappropriate and is bordering on harassment. Harassing me serves no purpose (because I don't give a rats ass what he thinks anyway) and upsets our son.

3.His constant "fussing" over what time our son goes to bed or what he had for dinner etc is not appropriate, our son is 14, not 5 and has NEVER been neglected or in trouble.

4. His entire daily phone call consists of "where is your mother?" "I love you" "what is she doing?" "I love you" "what did you have for dinner?" "I love you" "when did you go to bed last night?" "make sure you go to bed early" "I love you" ad nauseum and that if he does not stop I will file a complaint about all of the above and he will be subject to drug and alcohol testing and will have to attend parenting class to get his overnight visitation back BECAUSE I AM SICK OF HAVING THIS CONVERSATION WITH HIM, THIS IS HIS LAST CHANCE.

When he called 2 hours later at 8 pm, he was on perfect behaviour, it better last because I am done!