View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hilltopper1972

I was gonna offer my usual advice, but I went out with my wife, one of my best buds who just got engaged to celebrate on Monday. I had a beer and a glass of wine. I didn't even want to drink, but the peer pressure got to me. I felt socially accepted to drink a bit. Stupid isn't it? Therefore in reality this is back to day 2 for me. I need to be able to combat those situations better. I went to a wedding and had no problem because I had the kids there, lots of people, etc. Why didn't I just say, "I'm going on a long bike ride in the morning so I want to be fresh." or something like that? I was weak. I wasn't weak over the booze, I was weak over social acceptance, which brings up this point for everyone because it is an extremely big issue. We don't want to be labeled as freaks. We want to be part of the "In Crowd" and because of this I'm sure many of us have caved. I didn't drink last night though, didn't even think about it, and I won't tonight. I think it best to avoid those situations whenever you can as I know that now!