Thread: Isn't it funny?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
baxter

Isn't it funny?

Hubby came home last week and said he wanted to get me a new USED vehicle. My current one runs like a champ but after being run into earlier this summer the body is rusting, but I love my convertibale. SOB. He went and found me a Blazer that I feel is huge but I'll take it. We kept the car since there was really no trade-in value and I couldn't quite part with it. At my 15 year old granddaughter's birthday this weekend I mentioned to her that it was too bad she wasn't 16 I'd give it to her. She's such a good girl, knows mom is on crack and an alcoholic and that were all here for her.

Anyways, I get the email titled "Isn't it funny" from my AD. Well, she jumps around so much I thought it was something funny so I opened it.
"so knowing I need a car, you suggest to my daughter you'd give it to her if she were old enough. Just another way of making sure I know I mean nothing to you."

AD has to ride to and from work with her ex-MIL every day and she just hates it but heaven forbid she part with any of her paycheck for anything as trivial as a car. She also really thinks that since she works everyday she is totally different to anyone else on crack, she's not some low life.

I just replied that throughout the last few years I've given her two cars, while I went back to walking, and that she totalled them both. Her reply, "the one that your husband got more than book value for. The one from when I was a kid (forgot about that one, that's 3). Nope I didn't forget. You are Amazing."

Of course, I had to reply. "What we got for the cars wasn't the subject. You were referring to you not meaning anything to me. You do. But now it's time for you to use your own money and get your own car. I won't get into any argument over this and I'm not dicussing it anymore." Haven't heard from since but I'll bet everyone she works with did. I did want to add that I thought I was pretty "amazing" myself.

Now SIL offered to buy it from me for a winter car, which he really needs to keep his job. Oh, the sh$$ will hit the fan.