View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 04:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Callie

Originally Posted by CatsPajamas View Post
Before recovery I was the one who had both sides of the conversation IN MY HEAD. Because I was such a terrific mind reader, I figured I already knew what he was going to say. So, I would have this imaginary conversation in my head: I would say this and then I just knew he would say that ( the rotten s-o-b) and so then I would say this and he’d probably say that. So then the conversation/situation was over. I would make a decision, take an action ~ sometimes I’d even be MAD at the poor guy for his part… and of course he would be understandably confused as to why I was upset with him because I had not allowed him to participate in any of what was going on ! It's no wonder we didn't communicate. I did it all for both of us! sheeeesh....

That is completely me. The reason I am like this is because AH is NOT a talker. HATES communication, HATE confrontation. In reality he doesn't stand a chance engaging in arguments with me because I can talk circles around him. I can also predict about everything that he will say. I hate being like this, hate feeling like this. But it's as if he won't say his stance so I say it for him. It's become a vicious cycle between us both. In reality AH doesn't like to talk about ANYTHING - I don't care if it's how was your day, did you take out the trash or are are you doing drugs. He HATES all forms of communication.