View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rosiebud56

Alchol free beer??

Hi,

I'm sober about 3 weeks now (**self-back pat :O). So far I've mostly just lurked at this site and find it very inspirational and comforting.

I go to meetings and am in an out-patient group. I drank about a pint of gin a day for years. I feel somewhat guilty cause my withdrawl was relatively easy -couple of nights of insomnia - especially compared to the hell some of you have been through. Also, I worry that an easy withdrawl may lead me to thinking some day that I can be a normal drinker.

I've drank a few alcohol free beers since quitting. Why? Because I like the taste and it's comforting to me in some twisted way. When I told my group this, you could feel the air being sucked out of the room. Mainly from our group leader, you'd think I'd admited to performing a human sacrifice!

I'd like to hear your opinion and advise on this subject. I'm blown away that I've gone this long without drinking and didn't think drinking fake beer was any big deal.

Have a great holiday (in the USA) week-end! It's 75 degrees here, my windows are wide open...breeze going thru the house...dogs asleep/not barking...I'm sober...life is good...

Rosie