View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
HopeTo180
Turning it all around

Wow jbo!
Welcome! You sound so determined. You've got a support group. You realize this will take some effort. You have all your ducks in a row! These things spell success!

I too was drinking a 12 pack, each and every night. I planned my entire day around my drinking. I had not been out at night for years. This is now a time that I thoroughly enjoy. There's not much I can add to your plans. I can however give you a heads up. You will have to make changes in people and routine. You will be amazed at how your routine is related to drinking. Catch yourself when you see this. Make the change right then and there. You will have to exaggerate your redirection to make it stick. Realize that you will be subject to vulnerability and influence. See these coming at you and make a turn from them. Be completely aware. This will improve with each day as clarity increases. Remember to love yourself through this process. Reward yourself often. Treat yourself to all that you've been deprived. Enjoy this process for it gives new meaning to freedom! Good luck and keep us posted!