Old 08-28-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
nowinsituation

Wow - perfect for today. I have a situation at work that would seem like good news, but it has been eating away at me for awhile. My boss (the CEO of our company) is moving on and his position will be vacant for a month (or more?). I was approached about taking the job permanently -- I know it is not for me so said no. Then I agreed to take on the job interim while it is vacant; thinking that an offer of increased compensation would go along with it. I was meeting with my boss today on some final details, and I chickened out, and then all of a sudden I kicked myself and said "Is there any chance I can have an increase in compensation while I am filling in?" He is going to "check", but I am pretty sure the answer will be yes. I feel sooo good that I was able to do that. But, a little bad in a way because what finally got me the courage was thinking that our Board members would probably think I was a marshmallow because I would take on all of this additional responsibility without even asking for more money. So, in a way I am still way more focused on what other people think than what I want/need. OK, still a small victory!