View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 05:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
tormented22267

Again, thank you all so much. How nice to wake up to encouraging words that make me smile, as opposed to waking up to the drama in my life!! You are giving me some great ideas, and believe me, I'm taking them in! GiveLove, I love the deal you made with yourself to wait an hour between the craving & contacting, then 2, etc...I'm honestly going to start trying that. Very good idea!

I actually have been doing something the last couple of months that has been keeping me away from my abf some and giving me some sanity. At the end of next month I'll be walking 60 miles in a 3 day breast cancer walk, so I've been out walking 4 days/week to train for that (there's nothing like walking 8-10 miles alone to clear your head!). I've had a lot of time to think and get some perspective, which is one of the reasons I think I've come to this board. I need help, and I'm really beginning to see that now.

Also, over this summer I have been setting more and more boundaries. I don't let him come over after he has been drinking anymore. It used to be, he'd go to the bar, I'd call him over and over for hours, then he'd finally come home - drunk - and I could breathe....ugh, that's so sad. Now, I actually have come to the point that when he takes off to the bar, I do not call him, I do not answer the phone, and I do not let him come over. That's one little step in the right direction....right?

Thank you all again, you've started my work day off with a smile, and I so appreciate that. Hugs right back to all of you!