Old 08-26-2008, 04:35 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
KarenOskie

Here comes day 4! Congratulations on deciding to quit again, sobergirl. I think your plan sounds good. I'm so lucky that my withdrawal symptoms are so light. Lots of sweating (yuck) especially at night, and cravings and a bit of headache. That's it. All I really want in life at this moment is to get through today without a drink. I just know it will get easier as I go along. Tonight there's an AA meeting close to my house and I've resolved to go. It's terrifying to me because I've screwed up so many times and I hate to feel the feeling I get, that everyone is looking at me thinking, "oh, here she goes again. She'll never stay sober." But it's not about what they think of me. I'm just going to be there to listen and eventually I'd like to gain a support network, but if I don't, ok, I have SR and you wonderfully understanding people. I don't know yet if I'm going to embrace the whole program like I've tried to do before. It's never worked for me before and AA is where I heard "If you keep doing the same thing you'll keep getting the same results" I don't know what will work for me. But all that is in the future and all I can do is today. I'm going to try to get to a meeting, and I'm not going to drink. The rest will come later, if I don't drink.
I'm worried about my son coming home. He's grown up. He drinks a little, his girlfriend drinks a lot, and he smokes pot. Plus, this is his computer I'm using. I have to get a router before I'll have internet on my computer. He should be home in about a week. I'll make sure I get a router by then and as for the rest... Nothing I can do today. I don't like the idea of having that stuff here. I know how suddenly my urge can come on and how intense it can be.
Better get to work! Hugs and a very sober and wonderful day to all!