Old 08-24-2008, 09:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
cece
StrivingToThrive

(((Marle))))
Dang, Its always hardest for us when this crap happens just when we've begun to see a light through the clouds.

Sometimes we have to remember our child addicts are and can act like typical young adults. Her acting out might have nothing to do with her addiction and more with her own control issues.
She wants to be independent but she knows she has to rely on you for now. So she takes it out on you.
She wants to have power over her life, its problems and decisions. but she doesn't, and she's definitely not let you have any of it.

She knows the boyfriend is bad news but she still doesn't get what love really looks like. Its very common for the age group ( or any age group for that matter) to go back, instead of forward, when looking for love.
Sometimes it takes one more stupid try before finally getting that it's really a lousy relationship. Deep down she knows he's poison but is shoving it down and again you're her target. ( Many a parent has teeth marks on their tongue with this one!)

Try not to let her take you with her each time she blows. ( A big challenge for me!) The best thing you could do for both of you right now is for you to be the sane and calm one, let her be and back away.

She's fighting some real mental growth right now and she needs to work through it in order to get it.
Maybe, ( if no drugs are in the house) you can steer clear of her, even if she visits the AH, and let her come to you when she needs to? But don't be her doormat for dumping her crap. Try to walk away from it when she does.

( This post is a reminder to me also because I'm right where you are too.)

Prayers for both of you.
:praying