Thread: Day 4
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 12:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
HopeTo180
Turning it all around

Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
Day 5 - having very strong urges to drink. I can imagine getting in my car, driving a few blocks to the store and buying a bottle of wine - cracking it open - pouring a big glass (I use big water glasses , broke all my nice wine glasses) bringing it upstairs - putting it on the table next to the computer and sitting and drinking like I always did.

Or I have alot of cleaning to do - I always drank while I was cleaning or cooking or writing bills or talking on the phone or just about everything.

I don`t want to do this.....yet I do. Please someone tell me something to stop me. Ugh..
STOP! DON'T DO THIS! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING! YOU'VE COME THIS FAR, DON'T THROW IT ALL AWAY!

I hope that helps Day. lol I like your sense of humor. I think you'll be just fine. You didn't get to day 5 without some real inner strength. What you're doing is an interesting thought. To go through the steps in your mind so you can clearly see if you've still got the desire. I kind of did the same thing. On my second day I went to the grocery store (where I always bought my beer) and stared at all the beer (even the brands I never bought) and noticed the price tag. I did the math and figured I could buy a new car with the amount of money I'll save now. Each time I go to the store I walk right on by with such strength and conviction. Life is good. keep up the good work Day, I'm proud of you!