View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 02:11 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
SoosieQ

hey boston-24 hours can be a long time in early sobriety, so I hope that this finds you better than yesterday. I just took the time to read back through a lot of my favorite threads and I realized that lots of peeps were having a rough time of it this week. So yes, something was "in the air" and...well, early sobriety often just sux that way. I wish I had stumbled upon some of the nicer, gentler threads last time I was on SR, but I encountered one that made me crazy, so I grumbled, paced and then sulked in a corner for a couple of days. Productive behavior, eh? It helps to know that others experience the same swings in early sobriety...it's like regular life, only magnified. I don't have any advice, at least nothing that wouldn't get me banned-LOL-but I've found that you just have to ride these days out sometimes and do the best you can not to project onto others. Humor always helps if you can find it elsewhere or access it in yourself. It is a great reminder----once i get to laughing about something else I realize, damn, it isn't all about me? BTW, I think someone finally called in that exorcist. Thanks for the request.