Old 08-23-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
bostonluv

Hmmm...I went back through this thread because one of the newcomers talked to me and said, this thread feels "chronic" and it feels like they are just assuring each other that it's okay to drink and be on day 1 over and over. The person also felt ignored because they were positive and that the more negative feeling-sorry-for-my posts were getting a lot more attention. So I went back to read through this and realized some of the new people are getting ignored or barely awknowledged. So..I think I will step out of this thread awhile. I also wanted to repost something Dee posted that I don't think was absorbed by some here:

You're right. That is simply not a good enough reason for us to try and deal with crap by doing something that is harmful to us. It makes no sense.

Bawl your eyes out, scream into your pillow, run until you drop, come here to SR and read, post, call a friend....do anything but drink.

I do understand - I have been there - I had a guinea pig die - she was more than a pet, she was a friend - she died in my arms - and...I just wanted not to feel that day.

I got horrendously drunk, but I didn't feel better. Nothing makes you feel better. That's why we feel sad, why we grieve for heaven's sake. I drank, but I still grieved for a long time after anyway.

Sometimes we face really really tough things and the reasons and excuses we have to drink seem like really good ones- but that doesn't make drinking right.

We all have to learn to face life and it's troubles without drinking, and sadly, there just is no good time to start that. It's always gonna be hard, it's always gonna suck for a while - there'll always be something, big or small.

Start again - I know you want to - tomorrows a new day and I hope you feel a little better by the time you read this.
I'm not being judgemental but I'm unsure if you are really "helping" each other in this thread. It may be time to get some actions behind some of the words here for some of you. Welcome Toast, Spudida, Hope, Isaiah and others. Please keep up your efforts in not drinking and join the Class of August.