View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 12:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Bandit1
Starting a new life

Hi!

Hi Yorkshireman,

I just joined this site today. Some similarities - I am 38, love my wine, nightly drinking habit and I asked myself a very similar question back in March but I think I already knew the answer. Since then I have been struggling to get 30 days alcohol free under my belt (as this is what a lot of people recommend to start with) but with the emphasis on the word struggled. This has only emphasised for me more that I do have a problem, one that has accelerated rapidly over the last three years or so I think mainly due to balancing career issues and the strains of rearing a young family. I feel I am somewhere in between early and basic alcoholism going by the definitions that CarolD has provided (which by the way are about the best I have come across so thanks Carol!). The most I have managed to date is 14 days but I am on Day 10 AF again today and for me this is it.

I think as others here have said, if you are asking the question..then possibly yes there is a problem..perhaps not as bad as others but it can escalate rapidly and it is good to be aware of the situation now and try doing something about it.
Best Wishes,
Bandit