View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 09:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
scorpiogirl

Give yourself a chance to find out...

I've seen some really good replies to you. I agree with - "why don't you try to stop drinking for 30 days and see how you're doing?" A regular person can take it or leave it. I first heard when I got sober that regular people don't end up in meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous and they certainly don't question if they have a drinking problem. You might just be a heavy drinker. Still, if it has affected your liver, that is beyond normal drinking. It's good news that it's not that bad yet, if you continue, the liver will continue to be damaged more. I wouldn't play Russian Roulette to see if it's any worse. The mere fact that you're afraid to get another test is another eye-opener.

It's said that if alcohol affects any of these places in your life - health, work, family, then you might have a problem. A person doesn't have to be a skid-row drunk to have a problem. I didn't go down that low yet, and I questioned whether I was an alcoholic long into my sobriety. I just kept going to meetings anyway cause I now see that it affected many areas of my life and i just didn't see it til I went to AA for awhile. I have some time now and see the benefits of being sober and becoming just an all around better person in many areas.

I wish you all good things. Clarity of mind, health and sobriety!