View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 10:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Marine1492

That is a good question. Yes, you could say i'm in a group therapy. (mini 5th step here)...i've been active with a 12 step program for about a year and a half. Not being honest with those around me, i started on xanax because i had ligitimate anxiety problems (major panic attacks), but knowing that xanax is frowned upon in the fellowship, i keep this to myself. Probably because i didn't want anyone to tell me not to take xanax.

I never got out of control with it and i'm now on day 4 of being off of it...and its been rather easy this time.

So what does this all mean? I don't know...i've been trying to figure it out. Am i a "real" alcoholic? I am what most would consider a "high bottom". If i believe with every fiber in my body that was the literature says is true...how is it i was able to control the xanax...even come off of it. And it didn't (hasn't) caused a relapse, it didn't spiral out of control, or go back to my DOC (drug of choice...which was booze), which is what everone says will happen if someone posseses the disease of addiction and introduces any mood altering substances in their body of any kind.

So...i know that's alot of info. I'm glad this place in anonymous!

But back to your suggestion, it would probably be a good idea to see a therapist about all of this.