View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 03:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Abundance

He is not understanding how you are feeling. He is so used to doing and then saying the I'm sorrys!

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I know how excited you were about his home coming. Stay in your recovery though.

Let him know how you feel - be true to yourself - don't make threats you aren't willing to stand by - don't be haste - don't let this addiction take you down - stay in your recovery - when in doubt, don't make a decision - ACT not re-act - stay in your recovery. I can't tell you how much to stay in your recovery.

If you spend too much time in what he is going through - you will not be able to fully understand and you will go down with him...... honor yourself and your feelings. You are worth it..... your child is worth it. Your husband is going to come around when he is ready - when he is ready to face his demons head on. The more you get in the way - the longer it will take him.

I'm just a month or so ahead of you with this. My guy came home from rehab in the end of June and he relapsed about a month later. I'm not saying your husband has, but he is paving the way to do so. Let him go - let him do it ...... don't stand in his way. Just stay true to yourself and stay in YOUR recovery.

I'm doing it.... I'm *trying*..... I'm so aware yet so blind at the same time. But I have the tools and I'm using them ... I have my codie armor on - I'm aware of what my part is in ALL of this.

(((HUGS)))........ and a gigantic squeeeeze!