Thread: Frustration
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JPat

Angry Frustration

so along with all the other horrible things alcoholism has brought me, one is some serious financial debt. I have been working really hard this past couple of years to clear it up and I have been doing pretty good.

I got a collection letter in the mail a few days ago, so I called them and arranged to pay it off. I felt pretty good, but something was nagging at the back of my mind - I called the company where the original debt was made, and it turns out I was in good standing with them, and they told me to disregard the collection letter! I panicked at that point because I had given them my account number - so I called my bank and had them put "stop payments" on that company so they cannot withdraw my money.

I'm so frustrated because I feel like I'm being scammed!
I make pretty much no money right now, and these f***ers are trying to take what little I make! and I feel like a major idiot for giving them my account number!
I think I might change banks - and I need to be more careful! NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER OR YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!