View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sugErspun

No one likes to admit they are physically and mentally different..but that is what alcoholics are- physically and mentally different.

At least some are - myself included of course. Throw in a little spiritual sickness where I rely solely on self to run this life - and you got a pretty sad sight to see, and I cause a lot of harm to those around me.

Precisely why? I don't know - don't really think about it too much. Once I realized: "ok-I got this thing called alcoholism" it became "what do I have to do?". But it took me a long time to even know what an alcoholic is. Someone that drinks too much? - Obviously if we share other common attributs it must be more than that.

I had to know WHAT an alcoholic is, not WHY. Maybe the 'why' will be revealed someday- but I am not getting my hopes up.

This doesn't mean I cannot live a happy, meaningful, productive life that makes as much sense to me as anyone elses life. Part of me really wishes I had an answer to the question - but I just don't, and speculation is frustrating.