View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 09:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Chino

What harms you harms them. Anything that harms anyone living in your home, harms your children. Figuring out which things are avoidable is the key.

When my daughter was active in addiction it caused all sorts of problems for us. My husband wasn't getting enough sleep and started nodding off at the wheel. My blood pressure was starting to climb and I was getting stabbing pains in my temples. I was a stroke waiting to happen.

Because we own our business with two other partners and have over 100 employees with families, they all depend on us and we take that responsibility seriously. That's right around 400 people we were allowing our daughter's addiction to affect. The ripple effect is no joke.

When our kids were in school I used to tell them to use the bus ride home to let go of any negativity. That when they walked in the door, remember they were at HOME, not school. They did a really good job of it, same with us and work.

When addiction was active in our home, there was nowhere to hide. We couldn't control our daughters addiction but we could control our personal haven, our home. It is our sanctuary and where we retreat to every day for R&R. The addiction had to find another place to live.

Hugs to you Abs.