View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 09:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Marine1492

In a lot of fear...need support please.

Hi everyone. Wow, what an incredible website this is. I've spent the last 2 hours of my life, reading and going through the forums here. What a nice online community.

So here's my deal. I've been taking xanax from about a year and a half and got as high as 3mg daily in my dosage. However, for the past 3 months, i got down comfortably to .75mg daily. I go to my doctor yesterday, and he said its time for me to quit completely and he doesn't give me a new prescription.

Although i don't know if i was completely ready, i do think it was a good idea. I have withdrawn cold turkey from xanax before from 2mg, and it was complete hell!!!

So i'm really in alot of fear. So far, the withdrawls haven't been that bad, but its only day two. From what i remember last time i had to quit cold turkey, day 3 and 4 were the absolute worst!!!

Not sure if there are any natural suppliments that help, at least with the isomnia part. I just hope there aren't panic attacks, audio and visual hallucinations and extreme insomnia.

Even though i had gotten down to .75mg daily (and it felt fairly comfortable at that) shouldn't be too hard, i've heard that it (the withdrawls) has more to do with how long i've been taking xanax vs. what dosage i'm at...which doesn't make me feel any better.

Any help and support would be nice and i'll do my best to become a regular on here as well. THANK YOU