View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 12:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
HopeTo180
Turning it all around

I'm ready Hill. I have had a headache all day but I understand why. Each symptom I experience will be used to empower my decision. I also understand that I've been blaming myself for my divorce two years ago. I divorced her because she passed out every night. I had to go look for her each night around 3am with a flashlight. I tried everything I could with her but she LOVED drinking. I'm done blaming myself, I was the good guy through that hell. I, like many, could quit for a few days. But, with that first sip, it was like I just stepped out from a time machine. I'm taking myself out to dinner tonight. I never did drink after eating (would ruin my buzz). I'll try every trick in the book, hey, whatever works right? About the friends, I didn't have any (did I write didn't). I always drank at home, alone. No DUIs because I had (did I say had) an incredible fear of getting a DUI. The ex wife had three of them. I'm ready to go hill. I know what to expect because I've quit so many times before, I'm a pro. This will be my last quit. Thanks for letting me vent. Writing really is great therapy.