View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
normalita

newby still needing help

Thanks everyone for sending you good wishes. However I guess I didn't explain myself very well.
It doesn't matter if we tell my mil don't come or you are not welcome, she will show up anyway and say she never got our message. My husband has talked to his mother on the phone and told her, plainly, LEAVE ME ALONE. She is still coming to visit. You say it has nothing to do with us......Oh, but it does. She will do everything in her power to make sure she sees us and when she does, she will run us down, say nasty things and just be as horrible as she can be, then if we say anything, we are mean and play the victom. The other part is, I want to stop this before it even gets to my husband. I am so tired of watching him be mad and sit and be upset. He is a great guy don't get me wrong, but when he gets upset and his mother is so good at punching his buttons, that he turns into an entirely different person. I don't want this to happen, it's time for this garbage to be over. I have held my tongue on how I feel about all the stuff she has pulled over the years, I am thinking it is time to let it out. Like a said in the other post, this is a personal fight she has caused between her and I. She hates me, she always has, I have done nothing to her and I have said nothing, just to keep the peice. But I am too old now and my mil will pass on and I have the rest of my life to live. She needs to stop.
I need someone who knows about alcoholics, I need some suggestions. I really don't want to act on my emotions and make things worse. But I do want to get my point across. If I acted on my emotions, the letter I want to write would be in the mail already.

Thanks again
Norma