View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Saliena

This is Day One...

Hey Everyone,

So today is day one. This is something I have thought about for a long time. I am 33 years old and have a professional job a great home and a wonderful husband. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my life except the one small fact that I “REALLY” like to drink. And, for me it is really really bad when I drink. First of all I am a gastric bypass patient and now two beers and I feel tipsy. But, when I lost my ability to be addicted to food I picked up and addiction to drinking. I want to get off this roller coaster ride. But, it never seems quit possible. I always see the dips and the turns… but I never do anything to ignore them. I always seem to hit them straight on…

And, the bad thing is that my husband is the greatest man in the world. And, we have only been married two months. But, I have seen my drinking shatter him when I become a total bitch when drinking. If I was a happy drunk maybe I wouldn’t want to actually stop. (sad huh?) But, as it stands I am here.. I want to make this commitment. I want to change. I don’t want to be the destroying force that my mother was when she drank. I have to get off this roller coaster ride.

So this is day one…

Hopefully I will have a day two…
And three…

Thanks for listening and reading… I am really enjoying the forum.