View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Callie

Originally Posted by Abundance View Post
he said he came on here and saw that I had written about sharing with my best friend and that I had a "plan"...... he said that he felt betrayed by me for sharing our story ... "airing dirty laundry". What absolutely hurts is that out of that "my relapse" thread..... that is all he took from it. I know that is a form of addict manipulation, though. But it still does really hurt.
My AH do the same thing. Take what he needed from whatever I said/posted. Anything that would help "his" case. He never saw the pain, turmoil that I was in. It was all about what he could gain. He was/is seeing things from an addicts eyes.

My advice is NOT to see him, to CUT or severely limit contact with him for a while. Not a day, not a week, but until you have enough time to have solid footing without him. You are "unstable" right now in what you want. KWIM? I know that feeling right now myself. He's trying to work his way back in your life text by text. It will only happen if you let it. One week in the mountains isn't going to fix what needs fixed IMHO. Hang in their abs, go to meetings, reread CD No More. Whatever you need to do to make your decisions about you and your boys and not about him.