View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

I'm sorry you're going through this, but I honestly think it is THEIR problem to work out.

I'm a recovering addict. Though 120 days is GREAT, it's really not enough time for old wounds to heal. Part of our consequences is dealing with the feelings of others.

I'm not saying he's right...but my dad said some pretty hurtful things and threw things in my face for a while. After enough time of doing the right thing, trying to get my life back on track, he eased off. The last time he threw something from my past in my face, I told him "I screwed up. I'm not that person now and throwing it in my face isn't accomplishing anything".

It sounds like she is working a good recovery program, and she can handle this. Yes, it's great to have encouragement (and she gets it from you), but, sadly, some people hold onto their grudges a long, long time.

I hope you can find a way to remove yourself from their drama. Let each of them know that THEY have to work this out, and continue taking care of yourself. A lot of times, good recovery "rubs off" on those around us.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy