View Single Post
Old 01-01-2004, 06:24 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Jayhay

Hi Lee,

I've started the book, and the chapters all follow a similar pattern. I haven't found it stressful yet - and don't expect to. But, everyone is different, and I agree with your sponser. Don't do anything that you feel is compromising your sobriety. That's what the workbook is about, really. Looking at ourselves and how we make choices. And making the best choices we can to stay sober.

Here it is, New Year's Day 2004, and no plastic-wrapped brain on this girl! sober as a......(what is that cliche?).....haven't had my coffee yet. It's still brewing.

Speaking of coffee, I've been told that having too much caffeine throughout the day can trigger cravings. Has anyone experienced that? I actually drink way less coffee now than I did when I was drinking beer/wine all the time. One cup in the morning and I'm fine. I stay away from caffienated sodas and teas too - primarily because I prefer lemon-lime type sodas and herbal tea.

Lee and anyone else, let us know when you get the book. Mountaingirl and I are ready to go anytime.; we're flexible!

Jay

ps - wow, just noticed this was my 200th post! That's amazing, never knew I wrote so much.