View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 06:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
gotahavfaith

Both of them tell me about it. And any and all suggestions are appreciated. It is hard with her living here and he is entitled to his opinion. We have been thru alot with her. No my husband doesn't believe in meetings, he drank for many years and just quit and he thinks everyone else can do it that way. She is on suboxone and goes to counciling 3x per week and has a forum that she is very active in. I don't really know what is up with him because he is not usually like this. He just has outbursts are the best way I know to describe it and i feel like a cloud is hanging over my head as i walk in the door. I think this is verbal abuse, our daughter is broken and is trying to be fixed so why now is he so sarcastic to her. It seems to me with everything that we have been thru when she was using now he would see all the good things that she is doing and maybe just give her a word or 2 of encouragement instead of putting her down. There are more things that she could be doing around the house, but isn't what she is doing worth some praise?
On another note, God does give you what you need, when I was at my lowest last nite and today a friend from work called another friend from work and told her that something was wrong with me yesterday. My friend called me last nite, but in my depression and pity for myself I did not answer the phone, she showed up at my door this morning! I didn't hear her knock but she called me and I did answer, she said I am standing at your front door open up. As i showed up at the door crying, she made me get dressed took me for a jeep ride and out for ribs and just listened to me. I felt better knowing someone really did care. Sorry this was so long but I just feel the need to talk before I talk to Hubby. Thanks to all for listening!