View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 05:39 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

DK I do not recall any one saying alcohol was not a drug, it is, I used to feel the same way as you and mentioned that to my sponsor. He asked me if I had done drugs, I said yep. He then asked what, and I told him I smoked dope and I said yep.

He asked me after you got high what did you do? I said I just chilled.

He then asked me if when I got high drinking did I just chill?

At that point in time I saw the difference between a drug addict and an alcoholic because when I drank, I drank! If I was high of booze, I wanted to get higher, then I would drink for oblivion. When I drink I drink until I pass out, I am out of money, out of booze, or I fall asleep, I was not that way with drugs.

With drugs I did enough to get high and would do no more until I started to come down and then I would do just enough to get back up there again, with booze there was never enough.

Is alcohol a drug? You betcha, but let us look at it another way.

If every day a person, ANY person shot up heroin for 3 months they would become a heroin addict.

Now if a non-alcoholic drank a 12 pack every day for 3 months would they become alcoholics? Would they drink the 12 and still want more? Would they continue to drink a 12 pack or more every day after the 3 months is up.

Look how many folks partied their way through school drinking and then simply grew up and became social drinkers. Think some one could shoot dope all the way through school and then just use occasionaly with no problems?

If you did the same thing to certain people (alcoholics) they would want more, they would continue to drink that 12 long after the three months is up.

There is a difference even though alcohol is a drug.